Sunday, September 18, 2011

Work to liberate yourself...

Long years back when I  joined an organization as a greenhorn ,I distinctly remember the day when at 6 I tried to leave the work place.And still remember the piercing stares and  slicing vibes of being non committal to my work.

Though I moved out of the office but in times to come I had found that I have a felt being left out in the race.

I have seen people who spent the entire day on the gossips and then suddenly when the non sales staff leave these cockroaches come out and with rings of smokes being let out they put their heads inside the PC monitors.

The culture of leaving the office when the last train is almost leaving have  created a vacuum in many people’s lives.

Then came the culture when everybody vied for being the person whose office presence is judged by the timing of the mail’s sent time. Some smart Alec started timing their mail sent in order to show their late night working!

Then came the culture of working on all the sixth day of the week to create an impression of hard working.I had a boss whose penchant for calling you to work on festival days was most hated by one and all ,but who dares to bell the cat.

In the corporate jungle you are supposed to work harder and now harder has been stretched to longer .
You feel guilty if don’t work longer.

In one organization I distinctly remember not seeing the daylight near my home on any weeks of years together.But still you feel guilty if arrive a little late the next day.

When Narayan Murthy said “don’t love your company love your work” many CEOs might have felt that he is implanting the bad seeds in the employee’s mind.

But who thinks about the burn outs among the employees?

In the hind sight we all might have started our career to liberate ourselves from poverty,drudgery,hell of being time pauper ,but in no time we have imprisoned ourselves without even realizing !!

Now you feel you have missed the bus of a destination called Life!

No comments: